Wednesday, July 12, 2006

shutting down sir...sor of

It looks like Darkness Aftermath is not going to be made any time soon...there have been scheduling problems, due mainly to ITT deciding to schedule many of my key team players on Saturdays and 'when to shoot' conflicts due to shedule conflicts and most frustatingly a lack of commitment by some of the people involved in getting this project up off of the ground.

Now I'm not killing the film...just taking a nap from it for a short spell...I still want to shoot several scenes and get some of the CG work edited. I also plan on recording the 'Darkness Aftermath' theme. I then plan to edit it together as a potential demo reel to present to a college or university or film organization or...well, anyway...

I'd like to thank all of you who have put time and energy into this...Darkness Aftermath WILL GET MADE...even if we have to shoot it next summer.

Stay tuned for updates...

7 comments:

jonzig said...

i'm still making my capstone a cg animation of a drifter/lily encounter ;) (crosses fingers)

i even have some storyboards, i'll try to send them along to you.

sorry about the setbacks.

allen etter said...

can't wait...do you need footage of Lilly?

jonzig said...

actually, i lost all the work i had done in June, i was thinking it may be faster for me to model Lilly too and create the scene, i may just rotoscope one of your drawings. matching footage would take longer but if you have footage i wouldn't mind trying to use it. it all depends on how much i have to do until the end of the quarter.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing this idea made into a movie. You really seemed to have a passion for it when you talked about it and you have done a lot of work with the storyboards. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger though. Good luck with it in the future and I'll check back from time to time to see if it hopefully moves forward. Maybe you can find some people that are dedicated to the idea of making your vision become a reality or perhaps the book will get picked up and you can us it as a launching pad for a Darkness Aftermath movie. Hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous said...

Mary here.
Rats!
Had no idea what the !@#$%^&*! was going on. Any way, now I know. Thats too bad. Dont be discouraged.
What would you like me to do with the costumes, and props? Whould you like me to drop them off somewhere?

allen etter said...

sorry I haven't called, Mary. I'll call tomorrow morning...working late tonight...been to bummed to call anyone really...

jonzig said...

fyi: i posted a few of the storyboards for my animation on my blog