Thursday, September 25, 2008

...an idea!

Last night I broke with several evening routines. One was to stay up past 1:00 am. I went to bed before 11:00 pm (which almost sent my brain into shock) and got a fair enough amount of sleep. Then, after getting up at 6:00 am and getting the boys to the bus stop by 7:00 am (as is my daily ritual) I skipped the 7:15-8:30 power nap I normally take and simply laid in bed for fifteen minutes staring at the ceiling as the 'screwed up' parts of Darkness Aftermath played out in my head. Suddenly I saw a vision, if you will, of how we can get this done by Dec. and have it all work and look really cool. I don't want to explain too much, but it will require some traditional animation and some solo work on my part, tho I might bring in Matt to operate the camera. All I can say is that I am going to step away from digital and go old school on a few short scenes that just aren't getting done with CG.

I'm psyched!

3 comments:

Michael Grant Clark said...

I can lend you some pens and paper if you want. I hear that drawing thing is hard, pencils don't have an undo feature. That's just wrong.

allen etter said...

And they seem to need constant maintenance...my wife says they just need to be sharpened, but I think Bill Gates designed pencils to crash everytime you use them.

Actually, I'm think more 3D!

Ric said...

Finger Puppets?