Saturday, September 01, 2007

DONE!

It feels weird. Two years ago, July fourth, I scribbled out a few storyboards for a movie I never thought would be made. Now, today, we finished shooting. Last week when we were 'done', I had an odd feeling that we were not actually finished. Well we are now. The twelve hours of shooting that we lost last week we got done yesterday and today...and we added a few more short scenes for Gwen's 'patrolling montage'. One scene I really enjoyed had my two boys, Zack (9) and Max (7) as young hunters in the forest and Danielle comes across them. At first they are startled and defensive as they raise small weapons to protect themselves, but then Danielle announces that she is the Caretaker and they warm up to her.

Today we reshot all of the stuff that we lost due to last week's bad camera. Plus we got Danielle doing some cool stunts. The major problem, however, was the MOSQUITOES! They were EVERYWHERE! We went through several cans of OFF and Debbie was eaten to the bone by the nasty little buggers. Matt, of course, screamed like a baby. Actually he engaged several mosquitoes in conversation and demanded that they leave. I believe that his Mc Donald's breakfast egg tortilla was left in the sun too long and he was slowly going insane.

But we finished. We are REALLY, ACTUALLY and TOTALLY done shooting. There might be a shot or two a month down the road of some non specific thing (this is called a pick up) that might need to be done and of course when the Garum arm is finished we need to have it digging for 'brubs' in the dirt.

But that's it, baby. We are done. It hardly seems real.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! NO MORE MOSQUITOES!!! OR FREEZING WATER/WET TROUSERS!!! AND WIERD TAN LINES!!!

I was only their for 2 weekends but i had a blast! Thanks for letting be be a part of it ^_^

next time will you let me kill something, PLEEEAAASEE??!??!?? I promise i'll be behave... in the deadly sorta way ^_^

Later today:
ma - "so what'd you do?"
me - "I was eaten alive by mosquitoes and K.O.(ed) by a tree... how do you like the tanline from my blindfold..."
ma - "?!?!?!?!"

allen etter said...

Excellent! And yes, you can kill something...

Unknown said...

SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!

(i lied earlier - i did fight...
with a tree... and it's mosquito minions
... now i have a welt the size of my eye on my forehead... so ya'll can see, the tree won >_<)

allen etter said...

You won...the tree is still there, stunned in the forest. You walked out, battered, but walking.

Michael Grant Clark said...

I like the sound of Evil tree and it's mosquito minions. Is it a new kids show on Fox?

Unknown said...

I don't know... but i wouldn't be suprized if they had tried something like it...

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Do you have a date for when the whole production should be finished ?

allen etter said...

We were thinking Nov...but I'm guessing Dec.