Thursday, July 31, 2008

I need a real den...

We've been watching a lot of home make over shows lately and I have come to a conclusion...I NEED A NEW DEN! I usually watch what the family wants to watch until 9:00 or 10:00 but lately the family has been up until 11:00 0r 12:00 and then I can't watch what I want to see (i.e. action flicks with the volume cranked up loud enough that I don't need subtitles to know what is happening) because some of the family is still awake. When it comes to remodeling, unfortunately I know that the Kitchen comes first, then the bathroom, then the boys room, then the toy room, then the bed room, then the dining room...then (at last) my den/home entertainment center...sigh.

6 comments:

Ric said...

Subtitles? Are you going deaf or just listening that quietly?

I use subtitles because I'm going deaf. :) I have a hearing aid, but all those years of playing in a rock band have taken their toll.

High frequencies (think consonant letter sounds) are all but gone. All I hear is vowels in my right ear.

Oy.

Hunh? What!?!

allen etter said...

Bummer about the hearing. I use the subtitles because I keep the volume really low. When you have a house with wood floors, the sound really bounces around. My hearing is still really good.

allen etter said...

Are you still in a band?

Ric said...

No. Not for a few years.

jonzig said...

What you really need is a furnished tree house.

Schwabby said...

I have been eyeing one of those big garden sheds that I could heat in the winter and cool in the summer as a little place of my own....I want a studio! (can you hear the whining in my voice?) I am right there with you!